About IEEE PES Young Professionals
IEEE Young Professionals is the group of IEEE members and volunteers who have graduated from their first professional degree and within 15 years. It is an international community, whose members are interested in elevating their professional image, expanding their global network, connecting with peers locally and giving back to their community. Since it encompasses all members from recent university graduates to experienced professionals and entrepreneurs, the group is highly diverse in what it has to offer. Currently there are more than 7900+ IEEE PES YP members.
Scope of IEEE PES Young Professionals Committee:
To provide members who have an interest in the IEEE designated fields or related professions with opportunities for educational, technical, and professional development, emphasizing the value of continuing IEEE membership.
Goals and impact if successfully implemented
- Improve young volunteers’ sense of belonging to IEEE PES, and sense of recognition.
- Improve activity reporting and increase visibility of events and programs.
- Understand engagement level of Young Professionals in IEEE and IEEE PES
- Predict purchasing and participation behavior and identify patterns.
- Track behaviors on which to develop programs to address the needs and wants of members.
· Identify successful volunteers and enable them to advance their volunteering career in IEEE PES
Definition of IEEE PES Young Professionals Membership
Individuals who have valid IEEE PES and IEEE YP membership status